Abstract Preparation Instructions
Closing Date 31st January 2020
We invite abstracts within the below themes for both oral and poster presentation by the closing date of 31st January 2020.
Please follow the instructions for preparation and submission below.
You do not need to submit an abstract to attend the meeting but we do encourge you to do so.
Please follow the instructions for preparation.
YOU CAN SUBMIT THE ABSTRACT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
Themes for abstract submission
- Sequencing Technologies
- Variant Interpretation in Practice
- Software, Databases, Bioinformatics
- Large Projects
- Clinical Applications
- Frontiers of Applications
- Frontiers of Direct to Consumer Screening/Testing
- Other Variant related topic not listed above
Instructions for Authors
1. Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion in the scientific programs must submit their abstract online having regard to the closing dates in the Call for Abstracts and on the Abstract submission site. Abstracts submitted after the closing date will not be considered. There may be an extension for Poster Presentation abstracts only.
2. The detailed formatting instructions below must be followed for the abstract to appear in the program e-book.
3. The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all abstracts is at the discretion of the Scientific Program Committee. Notification of the timing of oral presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
4. AUTHORS MUST BE FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE MEETING BY 31st MARCH 2020 FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS. We DO NOT publish absracts from anyone not fully registered or attending the meeting.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word (docx, doc) or Pages.
- The title should be brief and explicit
- Maximum of 520 words
- Use a simple font (e.g., 10-point Arial) for text
- Headings should be bold and 14 point and small case letters
- Authors in Italics. Please underline the presenting author.
- Please give full addresses of all authors (without titles i.e. Dr etc) after the heading and put in italics.
- Please indicate the name of the corresponding author by an asterisk*.
- The Email of the corresponding author should be included below the addresses.
- Use italics for emphasis
- Do not use field functions
- Please turn OFF your track changes
- DO NOT JUSTIFY the text
- Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar
- Save your file in docx or doc format.
- Please use no more than three levels of displayed headings.
- Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
- Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed in a separate section before the reference list. The names of funding organizations should be written in full.
- Please always use internationally accepted signs and symbols for units, SI units.
- URLs of all databases referenced should be included.
- Do not include diagrams and tables, we cannot print them
- Nomenclature for variants must follow HGVS guidelines http://www.hgvs.org/mutnomen/
- Nomenclature for genes must follow HGNC guidelines http://www.genenames.org/