Piran is a favourite town on Slovenian seaside and there is no doubt why! A perfect mix of culture and nature, friendly locals, special traditional events, delicious cuisine and its magical atmosphere .. these are only some of the reasons.
View the Offical Tourist Infomation that will inform you about many things about Piran and Portorož.
Link to Piran/Portorož tourism page: https://www.portoroz.si/en/
View the video to the right to get a taste of Piran!
- We are carefully monitoring the coronavirus situation for the health and safety of our meeting attendees and will take necessary precautions as recommended by healthcare providers and public health organizations.
- We envision that by the time of our event it will be nearly summer and the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak will be in decline and under control.
- We are monitoring the situation in Slovenia and neighbouring countries on a daily basis. At the present time there are NO cases in Slovenia.
- Please find up-to-date information from the World Health Organisation HERE. This includes daily situation reports.
- You can view some useful information on our webpage HERE.
Arriving by Aeroplane
Closest Airport - Trieste
The closest airport is Trieste airport (Italy) and is situated 79 km from the venue Grand Hotel St. Bernardin and the centre of Piran in Slovenia. There are cheap flights to Trieste from several European cities. To reach the symposium venue and hotels shuttle buses from Trieste airport may be arranged.
Ljublijana airport is situated 142 Km away. Shuttles from here may be arranged. It will take longer to arrive in Piran than flying to Trieste.
Transport from Airports to venue and hotels by Shuttle
Shuttle busses may be arranged to transfer from Trieste or Ljublijana airports to Piran.
Please see the Transfer details.
Driving distances by car
Ljublijana, Slovenia | 121 Km, 1hr 28 min
Zagreb, Croatia | 257 Km, 3hrs
Bolognia, Italy | 343 Km, 3hrs 41 min
Milan, Italy | 466 Km, 4hr 21 min
Munich, Germany | 522 Km, 5hr 29min
Innsbruck, Austria | 389 Km, 5hr 44 min
Weather & Clothing
Average high 25 degrees Celcius.
Average low 13 degrees Celcius.
Average 7 days of rain.
The dress code for the Course will be casual business attire. Make sure to bring a coat for the cold and an umbrella in case of rain.
ATMs are found everywhere. Many smaller stores only accept cash. Most restaurants accept credit cards, but we recommend you ask them in advance to avoid surprises.
Slovenia uses the Euro € as its currency.
Slovenia uses 2 round European outlets and 230 V and 50 Hz electrical supply.